22500 Liter Tanks
If you live away from city areas, you may need to carefully plan on where to get of water. These might include bore water, rivers and dams or better still tapping rainwater.
Water tanks are common features throughout the traditional rural Australian outback. Large water tanks are used on commercial properties and mine sites. Nonetheless, water tanks are clearly something that can help create sustainable water supply even in urban areas.
Rainwater stored in water tanks helps to supply water can be used in the kitchen, toilet, washing the car or boat, watering the garden and also topping up the swimming pool.
The 22500 liter water tanks provide sufficient standard water supply for both domestic and commercial use.
These tanks can be either made of polyethylene/plastic or steel. Depending on the company, they can also be supplied in a number of colors according to preference.
For water harvesting purposes using a 22500 liter tank, one has to take the following considerations into account
- Whether there is an establish rainwater harvesting capacity
- The warrant offered by the supplier. Most poly tank companies offer 20-25 years pro rata warrant while suppliers of steel tanks usually have a 20 year anti-corrosion warranty
- UV stabilization for poly tanks- this lengths the durability of the tank
- Expertise required to prepare the tank site
- The type of water tank accessories required including ladders, gutters and pumps
- Where to put up the tank
- The water tank style that best suits your needs including tank color
- The delivery means for the 22500 tank, which can be quite big. Steel tanks may need a crane when unloading. Poly tanks of this capacity require up to 4 people offload
This is a newer design for tanks.
The domed roof water tank has an attractive looks and is easy to install. It was specifically designed to be installed without the need for a centre pole.
It is ideally suited to rural properties and large urban developments that require plenty of water.
Designed primarily for use on rural properties, the tank can also be used in urban blocks than have a demand for storage of large quantities of water.
The tanks are made for above-ground installations on a smooth, solid, flat base usually made out of concrete. The base can also be fabricated from compacted sand enclosed in a rectangular or circular frame.
Squat Rainwater Tank
This is the perfect tank for low set homes. It is also the ideal tank to harness overflow water from other higher-set tanks.
Round Corrugated Steel Tank
They are the traditional types of tanks in Australia and are still very popular. They are constructed using corrugated steel and are ribbed for extra strength.
If the tank meets the Australian AS4020 standard for storage of drinking water, which it should, it can store water that can be used for long-term drinking needs.
To meet the AS020 requirement, corrugated steel tanks must be coated food grade polymer lining which prevents corrosion.
The tanks are handy for supplying water for household use. They are also ideal for agricultural and industrial purposes.
Steel Panel Tanks
Panel water tanks provide a means to store large amounts of water in a presentation that is easy to move to the installation site and can be assembled in-situ.
The tanks consist of a steel frame fused with a water tank liner, usually polyethylene, to make them water proof.
The frames are made using highly corrosion resistant zinc-aluminum and structural steel.
Tank Installation Requirements
- Licensed plumbers are often required if plumbing in your rainwater.
- There are requirements that define a minimum tank size across various states that one must adhere to.
- The tank should meet Australian Water Tanks and Tank Installations standards
- Screening of rainwater tanks must be done to protect against pests and ensure maximum water quality.
- Tanks should be installed on a smooth, solid, flat base 300mm larger than the tank. The base is usually made out of concrete or can also be fabricated from compacted sand enclosed in a rectangular or circular frame.
- The tank overflow should be piped away from the tank to prevent it washing away the base material.
- Pipes connected to the tank must not rely on the tank for support